Can I schedule recurring donations?
- Yes, you can specify whether you want your contribution made once, weekly, every two weeks or monthly.
Will I still receive a contribution statement?
- Yes, you'll receive an annual statement in January. You can also login at anytime and check your giving record, make changes to any recurring gifts, update account and/or billing information. You remain in total control of your online giving.
What if I change banks or want to adjust the date or amount of a contribution?
- You can edit or delete a scheduled contribution at anytime including the bank routing number, account number, date, fund, frequency and amount. Once you've created an online giving account, just login from any internet capable device and you can quickly update your contact and billing information, view your transaction history, and manage your recurring gifts.
Can I try this just once?
- Yes, once you set up your online giving account you can give once, as often as you'd like, or set up an automated schedule.
When is my donation charged to my account?
- Most online transactions are posted in 1-5 business days
Do I pay any additional fees to give online?
- No. There is no charge to give online.
What if I need help?
- We're here to help you with any additional questions or issues. Just contact us at email@example.com or by calling 757.410.2367, Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
Other Giving Questions:
How much do I tithe?
- The word tithe comes from the Hebrew word ma'aser (literally, "Tenth"). For that reason, we follow Malachi 3:10 and its command to "bring the tithes into the storehouse," or follow the general guideline of offering 10% of our income to Him.
What if I don't have enough money to tithe?
- Giving 10% of your income to your church is a big commitment! Scripture tells us to honor Him with our firstfruits and assures that blessings will overflow in turn. In doing so, we learn to trust that He is faithful to provide. God wants us to trust Him. Seek His guidance in how much you should give, and He will honor your faithfulness and obedience.
Who holds Vertical Church accountable in financial stewardship?
- Vertical Church is accountable to our Directional Leadership Team in all financial matters. This team oversees the proper financial structure of the church. The members are selected from the Vertical Church community in accordance to our Bylaws. Our financial records undergo an annual audit from a CPA who is not a member of Vertical Church to ensure the integrity of the audit. For tax purposes, annual giving statements are given to members who financially contribute. Vertical Church strives to uphold the highest standards of financial integrity.
Why does Vertical Church accept credit cards?
- Vertical Church teaches against debt (and yes many times debt is a result of improper credit card usage). However, there are disciplined givers who pay off their credit card each month and are God-honoring stewards of God’s blessings. We accept debit cards for those who struggle with credit card debt and discipline. If you are carrying credit card debt, please do not use a credit card for your giving.